[U-Boot] Micron JS28F128J3F75 Uboot setenv problem

Spranger, Jörg j.spranger at kathrein-sachsen.de
Fri Nov 18 14:57:20 CET 2011

Hello,

we have a small AT91RM9200 based board, running Linux on it and it worked fine.
Now we face 2 major changes:

1.       The strataflash JS28F128j3d75 shifted to JS28F128j3f75

2.       The uboot is updated from 2009.01 to 2010.09

Now when I have a new board flashing the bootloader and make a reboot,
I get the warning
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
That is ok, because in the flash on that place are only FFFFs when the flash is erased.
Normaly I get rid of it, when I make a setenv.

This works with the old u-boot with both types of flash. When I take the new uboot it only
works with the old flash.  The curious thing is that taking the new uboot and the new flash
the setenv writes the variables into the flash at the right place BUT after a reboot
I get the same warning. Looking at the flash with md, I can see the hole environment variables
In place. Also the CRC is the same as when I do it with the old flash.

It seems that there is something different when reading from the device, maybe an initilisation?

This is the point where I have to ask the community where to look next.

The old flash is eol and we also like to switch to the new uboot, because of some improvements
that where made.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards.

Joerg Spranger