[U-Boot] support for the coldfire M5234BCC

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:29:17 CET 2011

I am running the very latest mainstream Linux kernel on the Freescale
M5234BCC. The kernel boots file (if I hack the root device in
drivers/mtd/maps/uclinux.c).

However, I am getting really tired of the dBUG thing. It only can
fetch an image via TFTP if I force the host NIC into 10 megabit mode.
I would really like to use a "real" bootloader, able to sent the
kernel command line, and working at 100 mbit Ethernet.

It looks like u-boot does not directly support this CPU. Google found
one old message (on some other list) that someone had installed u-boot
on this board.

Did u-boot support this board in some past version?

Does anyone know how to get this working?

Thanks,

Richard