[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Pull request: u-boot-staging

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 24 12:51:29 CET 2011

Dear Igor Grinberg,

In message <4ECDEAE4.5030100 at compulab.co.il> you wrote:

> For my understanding, the delivery ends with *unique commit id*
> in some repository, which then can get pulled, but has history intact.

But depending on the process, the initial commit id may or may not be
the final one.  Think for example about rebases that happen every now
and then, even in custodian trees. And a commit ID in "some tree"
is worth nothing if you cannot guarantee that this tree is publicly
accessable guaranteed to exist forever.

> Nevertheless, it is a meter of choice, that should be made.
> I'm fine with any choice we will make.

Me too.  But it has to make sense.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
How many QA engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 3:  1  to
screw it in and 2 to say "I told you so" when it doesn't work.