[U-Boot] How to resolve CRC issue in Uboot and maintain the env variables

Zaheer Sheriff zaheer.sheriff at easunreyrolle.com
Fri Nov 25 11:51:51 CET 2011

Hi,
When I got the warning like

**** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment*

I came across the reason for this in
_http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/WarningBadCRCUsingDefaultEnvironment_

Question:
    I have ported U-Boot to a custom board. It seems to boot OK, but it
    prints:

    *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

    Why?

Answer:
    Most probably everything is OK. The message is printed because the
    flash sector or ERPROM containing the environment variables has
    never been initialized yet. The message will go away as soon as you
    save the envrionment variables using the |*saveenv*| command.

How to resolve this. Yes every time I could not save the environment,
how to resolve this.!!
Please help me in this regard. Your help would be appreciable.

--
Zaheer Sheriff K

transmitted by this email.

www.easunreyrolle.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information.
printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.