[U-Boot] devkit8000: MMC/FAT booting problem with SPL

Simon Schwarz simonschwarzcor at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:11:33 CET 2011

On 11/29/2011 03:41 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On 11/29/2011 04:11 AM, Simon Schwarz wrote:
[SNIP]
>> I will do some debugging later this day and post the results here.

So here is the result of my first session:
- The problem seems to be in fat.c disk_read-function.
- it returns -1 because if (cur_dev->block_read) seems to be false if it
tries to read the second cluster (it seems works with the first cluster!)

So the question now is how can cur_dev->block_read be reset in between...

> The datapoint I want to raise is that I can see this with my SPL series
> as well, but only on devkit8000.  Beagleboard and omap3evm are fine
> booting from MMC with SPL.  Which is odd, I know.

Jap I know. This is a strange problem. ATM I am clueless...

Regards
Simon