[U-Boot] Application of patch submitted during the previous Merge Window

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Oct 1 00:40:57 CEST 2011

On Sunday, September 25, 2011 15:55:07 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Using gerrit?  Hm... All my work in this context is e-mail based, and
> I think many others work in a similar way.  Web-based tools may be
> more "modern", but I have to admit that I am not convinced that they
> are any more helpful or efficient.

gerrit is also pretty bad at a few critical things:
 - patch dependencies
 - keeping feedback visible across patchsets
 - retaining formatting of messages
 - the status e-mail's that get sent out

i'm not a general gerrit hater (there are things it does well), i just find
these bits to not work well for development styles that are heavily based on
e-mail lists
-mike