[U-Boot] MMc UBOOT compiling problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 1 16:22:13 CEST 2011

Dear Rajeev Rao Battu,

In message <CANcJNwYj8vGAPGyVJ3VdtAbuBUL75VNFgFdHndfB4uWrt1JMFw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> We are using AT91sam9261, till date we had never interfaced SDCARD in units
> . Now we need SDCARD interface in our units.
> for that i tried to compile u-boot i encountered problems, which are
> attached as MMC.log please get the attachement. and also we need mmc.h which
> is missing in u-boot path asm/arch/mmc.h
> This is the basic problem when I compile my u-boot version(u-boot-2008.10)

U-Boot v2008.10 is about 3 years old, i. e. hopelessly obsolete and no
longer supported here.  Please update and use recent code instead
(say, v2011.09).

> /u-boot-2008.10/u-boot-2008.10/include/configs/at91sam9261ek.h:157:1:
> warning: multi-line comment

This is obviously a result of your modifications to the code.  Please
fix such errrors and warnings as they are raised, one by one, step by
step.

> In file included from cmd_mmc.c:26:
> /u-boot_DFR3T/u-boot-2008.10/u-boot-2008.10/include/mmc.h:26:27: error:
> asm/arch/mmc.h: No such file or directory

This is obsolete code, please update.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if there is any MMC support for AT91
at all in mainline...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The so-called "desktop metaphor" of today's workstations  is  instead
an  "airplane-seat"  metaphor.  Anyone who has shuffled a lap full of
papers while seated between two portly passengers will recognize  the
difference -- one can see only a very few things at once.
                                                   - Fred Brooks, Jr.