[U-Boot] U-Boot on LCD monitor (BeagleBoard)?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 5 17:25:17 CEST 2011

Dear Giorgio Wicklein,

In message <20111005144523.GA8624 at wicklein-desktop> you wrote:

> just a question - Is it possible to interact with the U-Boot command line
> (prompt) over an LCD monitor?

No, this is not possible.  A LCD monitor is an output device, and to
enter commands to the command line interface you need an input device.

> As it is now, on boot, I get only an Orange/yellow gradient background on my
> LCD.

As of now, there is no graphics support for OMAP processors in U-Boot
mainline, so you don't even get output.

> Is it really only possible over serial and usb connection, like someone other told me?

With current mainline code, yes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The more sins you confess, the more books you will sell.