[U-Boot] u-boot not working on Atmel ATNGW100 (AVR32)

Sven Schnelle svens at stackframe.org
Tue Oct 11 15:37:29 CEST 2011

On 10/11/2011 03:28 PM, Andreas Bießmann wrote:
> Dear Sven,
>
> Am Di 11 Okt 2011 15:23:00 CEST schrieb Andreas Bießmann:
>> Dear Sven,
>>
>> Am 11.10.2011 15:06, schrieb Sven Schnelle:
> <snip>
>
>>> Does anyone also still have this problem? Or does anyone have a
>>> pointer for me before i start digging into that problem?
>> I do not have any pointers right now but really interested in your
>> investigations.
> One thing, we had much truble with our toolchain. Which toolchain do you
> use? Could you provide me (off list) a u-boot.bin for atstk1002 or
> grasshopper?

I'm using the atmel avr32 toolchain 3.2.3, which contains avr32-gcc
4.4.3 and binutils 2.20.1.
I can't try the older atmel toolchain due to missing dependencies for my
OS (Debian).

i've just recognized that ld complains during built:

avr32-ld:built in linker script:15: warning: memory region `FLASH' not
declared
avr32-ld:built in linker script:69: warning: memory region `CPUSRAM' not
declared

not sure if this is related to the problem i'm seeing.

Thanks
Sven