[U-Boot] hwmon: problems with fan control

Eibach, Dirk Eibach at gdsys.de
Thu Oct 13 11:24:23 CEST 2011

Commit "780f13a... hwmon: do not init sensors on startup" moved
initialization of the dtt driver to cmd_dtt.
I just realized that this means trouble for me, because the lm63 driver
used on our boards is responsible for setting up the fans. Relying on
cmd_dtt being called by preboot seems fragile to me. The vision of
molten FPGAs makes me shudder.
What would be the right way (tm) to solve this? Should I strip the fan
initialization from dtt_init_one()? Should I call dtt_init_one() form
board bootcode? Other ideas welcome.

Cheers
Dirk