[U-Boot] SPL broken for pandaboard with v2011.09?

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 06:29:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Aneesh V <aneesh at ti.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps it is a board rev issue.
>
> Yes it is. SPL works on everything other than a Panda with OMAP4430
> ES2.0. I could reproduce it on an ES2.0 Panda. Please note that an SDP
> with OMAP4430 ES2.0 works too, which is rather strange. At the outset,
> it looked like a memory issue so I used
> CONFIG_SYS_EMIF_PRECALCULATED_TIMING_REGS, which removed memory check
> failure. However, it still fails at the same point. The fact that
> Lauterbach is not working on my board is not helping my investigations.
> Also, the only ES2.0 Panda I could find here is also being used by
> another person. So, I have to time-share it with him. I will try to
> investigate it further today as soon as I get the board.

Thanks for looking at this Aneesh!

I too tried both computed and precalculated timing and found that both failed.

X-loader works on my board so I have begun comparing the setup between
x-loader and u-boot-spl.  There are definitely differences in the
register setup.

Will spend some more time on this tomorrow.

Steve