[U-Boot] Checkpatch warnings for "volatile"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 14 21:58:44 CEST 2011

Dear Jason,

In message <20111014131245.GF7102 at titan.lakedaemon.net> you wrote:

> 	1.) checkpatch.pl complained about volatile in source.c:312.  This is
>        a register we bitbang in a loop and we don't want the compiler
>        optimizing it out.

This would, in almost all cases, trigger a NAK due to the fact that
device register accesses should be done through I/O accesors, and
never through volatile pointers.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A quarrel is quickly settled when deserted by one party; there is  no
battle unless there be two.                                  - Seneca