[U-Boot] eMMC Partitons handling

Ulrich Prinz ulrich.prinz at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:53:18 CEST 2011

Hi all!

Is there any support for (e)MMC PARTITION handling in U-Boot anywhere?
I have an eMMC supporting Version 4.41 of JEDEC MMC specification and
I'd like to have PARTITION support to protect some of the MMCs areas
against access from other areas. It interconnects with Reliable Write
and Write Reliability, also from Version 4.x of the JEDEC spec.

I hope U-Boot already supports this by some console commands?

And by the way, which version to use for a good support of i.MX25?
I am still using a probably outdated 2010.x version.

Thanks for any hint and best regards
Ulrich