[U-Boot] watchdog reset fails on kirkwood/dreamplug

Jason u-boot at lakedaemon.net
Fri Oct 21 16:23:31 CEST 2011

All,

I have a bad problem.  I'm using the watchdog that comes with the Marvell
DreamPlug (kirkwood SoC).  I'm using it because I occasionally get Linux kernel
oops/freezes.  The oops/freezes are not consistent.  However, what is
consistent, is that after a freeze, Linux fails to boot.  It stops at
'Uncompressing Linux'.

When I kill the process that kicks the dog, the reboot is initiated properly
and the system comes back up just fine.  It only fails when the system freezes.

On warm reboots, is there something I should have u-boot reset that isn't?  I'm
a little out of my depth with this one and would appreciate any pointers.

thx,

Jason.