[U-Boot] A bit about board.c, board.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Oct 23 10:14:51 CEST 2011

Dear Simon Glass,

In message <CAPnjgZ3ZdkF-dnLnC8=L55ZDWznWW6wqu0eJ7puTAT=3rcMcPQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> My suggestion was:
>
> CONFIG_ARCH_GENERIC_BOARD - you get lib/board.c
> not CONFIG_ARCH_GENERIC_BOARD - you get arch/xxx/lib/board.c

If we do something like this, then the other way round.  There should
never be any #defines needed for the standard case - i. e. for using
lib/board.c,

Also, "ARCH_GENERIC_BOARD" is not a good name as it does not really
tell the reader that you are referencing to a specific source file
here - most people will think you are referring to some hardware
properties.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"My name is Linus Torvalds, you messed with my kernel, prepare to die"
                                                  - Linus Torvalds in
      <Pine.LNX.3.91.960426110644.24860I-100000 at linux.cs.Helsinki.FI>