[U-Boot] Failed to apply patch

Sadashiva sadashiva at mistralsolutions.com
Mon Oct 24 09:33:55 CEST 2011

Hi Sir,

    I downloaded the latest version of  u-boot source code of version number
u-boot-2011.03.tar.bz2.

        from ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/ website and the MPL patches for
this from the website

       http://www.mpl.ch/t2722.html
        Latest MPL supported version. Patches are available here: MPL
patches

        But when I apply the patch example
        test at test-laptop:~/toolchain_2011/u-boot-2011.03$patch -p1 <
u-boot-2011.03.mpl-patches

        I am getting failed message like.

        patching file MAINTAINERS
        Hunk #1 FAILED at 342.
        1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file MAINTAINERS.rej
        patching file arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc83xx/fdt.c
        Hunk #1 FAILED at 50.
        Hunk #2 FAILED at 132.
        2 out of 2 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc83xx/fdt.c.rej
        patching file board/mpl/common/common_util.c
        Hunk #1 FAILED at 33.
        Hunk #2 FAILED at 161.
        Hunk #3 FAILED at 189.
        Hunk #4 FAILED at 198.
        Hunk #5 FAILED at 211.
        Hunk #6 FAILED at 243.
        Hunk #7 FAILED at 253.
        Hunk #8 FAILED at 281.
        Hunk #9 FAILED at 306.
        Hunk #10 FAILED at 337.
        Hunk #11 FAILED at 370.
        Hunk #12 FAILED at 389.
        Hunk #13 FAILED at 428.
        Hunk #14 FAILED at 472.
        Hunk #15 FAILED at 485.
        Hunk #16 FAILED at 507.
        Hunk #17 FAILED at 537.
        Hunk #18 FAILED at 547.
        Hunk #19 FAILED at 577.
        19 out of 19 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
board/mpl/common/common_util.c.rej
        patching file board/mpl/common/flash.c
        Reversed (or previous applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n] n
        Apply anyway? [n] n
        skipping patch.

        Can I get any help on this failed issue.
           Thanking you in advance.

Best Regards,
Sadashiv