[U-Boot] Syncing custodian tree (the new way) - What am I doing wrong?

Laurence Withers lwithers at guralp.com
Tue Oct 25 17:52:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:32:21PM +1100, Graeme Russ wrote:
> git checkout master
> git rebase ${upstream}/master
>
> But that is not right - I would normally rebase to uboot
>
> I think there is a missing link here somewhere

${upstream}/master needs to correspond to a remote tracking branch. Do you
have a remote named after ${upstream} ? ("git remote" prints them, "git
remote add <name> <url>" adds them). I think that might be the missing
link.

Quite often you'll have a remote called origin since that is created
automatically and points at the URL you cloned from. I guess a "normal"
workflow would be:

git checkout <local-branch>
git fetch <remote>
git rebase <remote>/master

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, <lwithers at guralp.com>                http://www.guralp.com/
Direct tel:+447753988197 or tel:+443333408643               Software Engineer