[U-Boot] Patchwork question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 28 22:33:18 CEST 2011

Dear Anton Staaf,

In message <CAF6FioXiOGjHVXXVK1QLRxvw3+GZQANAYFQS8xhdfhh+fYN5kA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Who should change the state of patches there? Should I mark patches
> that have been applied as Accepted?  Or should the tree maintainer do
> that?

Both :-)

> Also, should I delegate patches to custodians that I believe should be
> looking at them?  Or should custodians delegate patches to themselves?

Both :-)

The thing is, Patchwork has a number of shortcomings, and a number of
bugs.  Some patches get mis-identified, so earlier submissions
(already marked as superseded) will set to "accepted", while the
latest versions remain in state "new".  Manual cleanup is needed then.

Every help with this is more than welcome.

Ditto for assigning patches to custoians (and don;t be afraid to guess
wrong - if one custodian feels a patch is not for his plate, he can
easily re-assign it).  Better a wrong assignment than none [um...
unless you assign them incorrectly to myself ;-) ]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
                                                         - Mark Twain