[U-Boot] Driver data in u-boot

hsingh hanumant07 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:03:33 CEST 2011

I am trying to write a spi bus driver for an arm board. Different boards from
the same vendor
are likely to have more than one instance of the controller.
So I am attempting to write a portable driver for all instances on a board.
However each board is going to have different config data like gpio numbers,
clock freq plan etc. Can I maintain these as read only global data in board
specific files
and declare them as externs in the driver implementation

I realize this is an implementation/design question,
but I believe there are some guidelines regarding use of global data in
u-boot.
My understanding is that this approach conforms to those guidelines but
correct me
if im wrong.