[U-Boot] Conflicting definitions of flush_dcache

Stefan Kristiansson stefan.kristiansson at saunalahti.fi
Mon Oct 31 08:56:25 CET 2011

Hi,

I noticed the following dilemma when I tried to enable both
CONFIG_ETHOC and CONFIG_CMD_CACHE:

The ethoc ethernet driver expects:
void flush_dcache(unsigned long start, unsigned long size)
while cmd_cache.c expect it to be:
void flush_dcache(void)

Grepping around the sources, I found that apart from drivers/net/ethoc.c
also drivers/net/altera_tse.c uses flush_dcache with the two ulong parameters.
No architecture apart from nios2 seems to provide flush_dcache like this
and flush_dcache is not declared in common.h,
so my gut feeling is that nios2 and the 2 ethernet drivers should be
changed to use for example flush_dcache_range(?)
Perhaps cmd_cache.c should also be fixed to use flush_dcache_all()?
flush_icache() ofcourse suffer from the same problem.

Stefan