[U-Boot] environment in NAND

Arno Steffen arno.steffen at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:20:51 CEST 2011

2011/9/7 Wolfgang Wegner <wolfgang at leila.ping.de>:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, not sure about it right now, but could it be you simply need
> to define CONFIG_ENV_RANGE to some multiple of the sector size?
>
> At least is what I seem to remember...
>
> Wolfgang

You are my hero - thats what I'm looking for ! Out of all boards
included in uboot only 2 use this setting. That's why I didn't found
this setting.
So - bad block handling works !!!

There is a question left for redundancy, which is imho a bug (or maybe
I don't get the design concept of redundancy):
 If I have an empty environment (both standard and redund - env1 and
env2 ) and boot, it recognizes CRC error (which is ok).
A "save" write it to redundand environment (0x10.0000). This is
probably as it recognice an CRCerror in env1 and doesn't check this
for env2

If I add some settings ("set test true") and do "save" a second time -
it writes ONLY to default env (0xc.0000) ?!?
What happens, that it will change location? Or shouldn't it write to
both locations ?

Best regards
Arno