[U-Boot] MX28EVK Hangs on DRAM

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:59:55 CEST 2012

Hi Chiz,

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Chiz Chikwendu
<chiz.chikwendu at haemonetics.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty new to u-boot and I am trying to use it on the mx28 platform.
> I have an MX28 EVK (rev A), which I'm using. I was able to build u-boot
> 2009 with all the patches supplied by Freescale, and to get it working.

This is a known issue. As per the doc/README.mx28evk only rev.D of
mx28evk is supported.

mx28evk rev.D has DDR2, but mx28evk rev A has some other type of
memory (mDDR if I recall correctly).

You can try to use the RAM settings from the FSL bootlets for mx28evk
A into mainline U-boot.

Not sure if there are more differences and I do not have access to a
mx28evk rev. A to test it.

Or to make your life easier, please get access to a rev D board ;-)

Regards,

Fabio Estevam