[U-Boot] U-Boot on Cortex R4

Johan Östensson johan at ostensson.se
Tue Apr 10 09:46:28 CEST 2012

Greetings all.

On the uCLinux tab of ARM Ltd's "Linux Support" (1) page they list a
U-Boot binary for Cortex R4.

It seems the R4 support never was merged into mainline (or did I miss
it?), so asking questions about it here on the U-boot list is probably
highly inappropriate - my question is if anyone knows where to find
source for this R4 port? I have mailed ARM about is well, of course.

Also, any other info/thoughts about U-Boot on R4 would be interesting
to hear. If I cannot find any material to start from we will probably
attempt to hack something together ourselves. The main objective is
not to boot (uC)Linux on the R4, but to have a coherent hardware test
environment on a board that also will contain several A9s.

Best regards
--Johan

1) http://www.arm.com/community/software-enablement/linux.php