[U-Boot] u-boot.bin is so large

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 13 17:47:49 CEST 2012

Dear NiuHu,

In message <SNT127-W361A87FB4DB7389CB940D5B53B0 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

>    I have compiled the u-boot(MPC8349EMDS) successfully. but the result u-boot.bin is so large, extend 0xfe000000   If I modify the TEXT_BASE value in board/mpc8349emds/config.mk , the u-boot.bin size is changed.
>    The u-boot code version is 1.1.6 and eldk version is 5.1

U-Boot v1.1.6 is more than 5 years old; youmust not expect that youc
an build it with latest tool chains - use 5 year old tools as well.

Or, even better, use current code.  Our motivation to support
stone-age code is seriously limited, especially when we have to do it
for free.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_