[U-Boot] [U-Boot-Users] Re: Ethernet loopback command

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Apr 16 11:10:17 CEST 2012

On Monday 16 April 2012 08:00:42 Ramappa Hugar wrote:
>   I'm testing the ethernet loopback test on POWERPC 460EX canyonlands
> Board. I'm making the ethernet loopback mode by programming the phy
> control register.(mii w 0 0 5140)
>
> Then i'm running the ethtool command.

"ethtool" command? This is not part of U-Boot.

> But it is showing "loopback test
> failed". I have gone through the code whatever i have patched, as per my
> understanding it is correct.
>
> can any one suggest me correct solution for this..!
>           or
> if u know the another ethernet loopback test method kindly suggest me..!

I suggest that you take a look at the POST (Power On Self Test) framework. It
has support for ethernet loopback test for PPC4xx. E.g. board sequoia. Look
for CONFIG_SYS_POST_ETHER and take a look at the following file:

post/cpu/ppc4xx/ether.c

Thanks,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de