[U-Boot] [ARM] [STATUS] for 04/21 release

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Apr 16 17:04:32 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have just done a ./MAKEALL arm with the Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
toochain release 2011.09-69, and the results are:

- 277 targets built
- 32 targets with warnings
- 3 targets with errors

Of the 61 warnings generated, there are only two sorts:

- 48 'warning:
/opt/arm-2011.09/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.6.1/libgcc.a(xxxxxx.o)
uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit enums; use of
enum values across objects may fail'

- 13 'warning: variable 'XXXXX' set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]'

Neither of which seem too worrisome to me (although of course the
defined-but-unused variables should be cleaned up).

The 3 errors are of one sort:

- 'internal compiler error: in decode_addr_const, at varasm.c:2635'. :)

Considering the three boards involved (omap4_panda, omap4_sdp4430 and
omap5_evm) build correctly (with only 'variable-size enum' warnings)
using the CodeSourcery 2011q1 toolchain, I take the errors to be faults
in the toolchain, not the U-Boot code.

As I have not been able to follow the list closely these last days,
please let me know of any pending issue regarding ARM and the 04/21 release.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.