[U-Boot] MTD Partitioning does not work.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 17 19:38:29 CEST 2012

Dear Axel Beierlein,

In message <4F8D679B.5080609 at freenet.de> you wrote:
> Sorry for Crossposting but i think it better fits here.

No, you are off topic here.  This is a Linux issue only.

U-Boot can just pass the boot arguments; the rest is a Linux thing.

> My actual U-Boot Parameters for mtdpart:
>
> mtdids=nor0=TQM5200-0
> mtdparts=mtdparts=TQM5200-0:512k(u- \
> boot),512k(env),2m(kernel),16m(ramfs1),5m(ramfs2),8m(jffs2)

Check your kernel boot  messages if the name of the flash device is
really "TQM5200-0"; this is probably wrong.    I guess it's more
something like "fc000000.flash" or so.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
- Voltaire