[U-Boot] Missing ethernet

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Thu Apr 19 15:53:35 CEST 2012

Gary wrote...

> I'm trying to update U-boot on my board from v2011.06 to v2011.12
> It's an OMAP 3530, much like the BeagleBoard, with SMSC911x networking.

So not a BeagleBoard then but something different.

Is the board you are using one of the boards supported in the mainline
U-Boot tree or is it an out-of-tree port?  If it is in mainline then have
you chosen the correct configuration to use?

> I've looked through the 'bootm' path and I can't see what might
> have changed that would cause such behaviour.  As far as I can
> tell, everything else is working in Linux with the new U-Boot,
> just not the SMSC device.

If you try to use TFTP in U-Boot does that work?  If not then I would guess
there is a configuration issue with the devices that you have enabled in
U-Boot rather than it being an issue with the bootm command.

Regards,

Andy.