[U-Boot] Sandbox question

Matthias Weisser weisserm at arcor.de
Mon Apr 23 19:32:37 CEST 2012

Am 23.04.2012 17:41, schrieb Mike Frysinger:
> On Monday 23 April 2012 02:41:08 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>>    	=>md 0x100
>> 	00000100:Segmentation fault
>
> yes, this is because the code to make this work was reverted because of ppc
> oddity.  i haven't reviewed that yet to see why, but it seems to me that the
> ppc code is not quite right.

I suggested another solution:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/123074/

This has the disadvantage, as discussed in the thread, that the address
passed to mmap is not guaranteed to be returned.

This could be caught by an assert. The base address in the patch
(0x20000000) was choosen with respect to the typical process address
layout on x86 and x86_64 linux to avoid any conflict. Even when ASLR
causes this the u-boot binary could still be started using setarch with
ASLR disabled.

--
Matthias