[U-Boot] Sandbox question

Matthias Weisser weisserm at arcor.de
Mon Apr 23 19:49:06 CEST 2012

Am 23.04.2012 19:39, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
>> I suggested another solution:
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/123074/
>>
>> This has the disadvantage, as discussed in the thread, that the address
>> passed to mmap is not guaranteed to be returned.
>
> I don't see why this would be needed.

Because you will have the same address for "physical memory" in all
instances of sandbox u-boot. This could simplify test scripts a bit.
Imagine testing tftp downloads to memory where DRAM bank-> start is
different for every program run. This was a PITA for me while testing
the tap ethernet simulation for sandbox. And that is why I came up with
the patch.

Or is there something like $(ramstart) in u-boot?

--
Matthias