[U-Boot] Porting u-boot for MPC8280 based board.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 24 21:57:44 CEST 2012

Dear Thirumalesha N,

In message <CAO1Rv-adDQc_0_p0yqPTMNWOvUsfvunTHtnMtqhSct2psH3+pQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>  I modified MPC8260ADS with CPU clock frequency 100MHz, Text base

Is this the actual clock frequency on your system?  Really?

> 0xfff00000, Flash Base 0xfff00000 and sdram base 0x00000000, and console on

Are these values correct for your hardware?

> SMC of port pins PA9(RX) and  PA8 (Tx), But nothing am getting on serial
> port while booting. Please can any one suggest me to come out of this.

Check the BRGs and the clock routing; if you don't have the right
clocksand all tehse little details there will be no output.

Best is to attach your JTAG debugger and start GDB.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Programmer's Lament: (Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act I, Scene vii)
        "That we but teach bloody instructions,
        which, being taught, return to plague the inventor..."