[U-Boot] Using sata on mx6qsabrelite

Eric Nelson eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
Thu Apr 26 00:11:28 CEST 2012

On 04/25/2012 12:10 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:
> On 04/25/2012 11:40 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Stefano´s tree I see this sata patch for mx5/mx6:
>> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-imx.git;a=commit;h=6931bd30d03de827c52bf2c8ddc6ed0c8f21dc9d
>>

>> Has anyone tried sata support on mx6qsabrelite yet?
>>
>> Any patches missing that were not applied?
>>
>> I don't have a way to test it at the moment, but I have a colleague
>> that wants to use sata on mx6qsabrelite.
>>

> Hi Fabio,
>
> I've tried it and it just worked for me, but it's been a month or so.

It looks like I'm a bit forgetful.

It didn't __just work__. It required a couple of patches that
seem to be lingering:
	http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/148600/
	http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/148599/

> I'll dig out my SATA drive and test again this afternoon.

I'll rebase and test.

Stefano, I'm not sure if the second patch above is on my plate or yours.

I'll review the history and see. I think you had asked for a meaningful
error code instead of returning -1, but that would require an update
to the first patch (clock enabling) to maybe return -ETIMEDOUT or something.

Regards,

Eric