[U-Boot] Pull request: Integrate latest yaffs2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 26 14:25:55 CEST 2012

Dear Charles Manning,

In message <201204261028.44543.manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz> you wrote:

> yaffs went through a large reformat a while ago meaning that the current code
> does not diff well against the old code. Future changes shuld be a lot easier
> to handle with direct patching.
>
> yaffs changes typically don't go through the yaffs  list since people with
> direct git checkin access do 95-99% of the changes.

U-Boot has a different policy.  Here nothing goes into mainline that
has not been posted on the mailing list before.  There are several
reasons for this:  1) We want to make sure that the code has actually
been visible and reviewed.  When pulling from a git repo, you just get
a drop of software in unknown condition.  2) We want to make sure the
review process gets recorded - we use patchwork for this purpose.

So if you want to submit your code, then please post patches.  There
is no way around this step.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Plan to throw one away.  You will anyway."
                              - Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"