[U-Boot] The way the list manages patch submission

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Aug 5 01:08:13 CEST 2012

Dear Karl,

In message <1344099312.12337.4 at mofo> you wrote:

> the patch was not.)  No getting around the moderation
> delay, just thought I'd mention it.  Perhaps you could
> alter the list welcome message to note that the
> list is moderated.  This won't help; nobody
> reads the instructions.  :/  But at least you'll
> have something to point to if anybody complains.

This makes no sense - you will get a welcome message only after
subscribing, and moderation hol;ds only posting of unsubscribed
senders.  Once you are subscribed, your messages go through unfiltered
(except if they are too big or get caught by the spam filters).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you use modules, you pay the price. Sane embedded solutions
running in "tight" environments don't use modules :-)
    -- Benjamin Herrenschmidt in <1258234866.2140.451.camel at pasglop>