[U-Boot] Where to find usable CROSS_COMPILE toolchain and the particular config?

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:24:37 CEST 2012

Hi, all:

Sorry for my entry-level question on uboot.

Just start learning how to build uboot, and get some education from
A) http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/Get_started_with_ubuntu_on_omap4
B) http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/wiki/index.php/U-boot_compilation

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- omap4430sdp_config

The above command has been used in A) shown above.
Actually, I myself am working under Ubuntu 12.04, and my target is a
pandaboard ES with omap4460 ...

Two questions:
1) Where to find all the possible CROSS_COMPILE toolchains? and which one
is what I should use?
For example, from B), there are a lot of toolchains, how do I know which
one I should use?
2) Where to find the particular configuration is precisely named
"omap4430sdp_config"?

I tried to grep "omap4460*" and "*gnueabi*" under the extracted (untared)
uboot folder, but nothing has been found....

Can anybody help please?

Best Regards
---

Pei JIA