[U-Boot] Conflicting commits for seaboard USB keyboard handling

Allen Martin amartin at nvidia.com
Mon Dec 10 20:25:04 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 08:59:59AM -0800, Tom Warren wrote:
> Albert,
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Tom Warren <twarren.nvidia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Will do.
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> > <albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> It seems like two commits 5ddcc38b (in u-boot, committed by Marek)
> >> 29f3e3f2 (in u-boot-arm, committed by Tom from u-boot-tegra) are
> >> conflicting on the seaboard configuration header file for USB (and
> >> possibly other areas).
>
> Looking at Allen's commit, it only added CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD (plus a
> comment) to seaboard.h. That should be conflict-free with my rename of
> TEGRA20_ to TEGRA_ in seaboard.h.  Looking at Allen's patchset (which
> is marked 'Awaiting upstream' in Patchwork, BTW), you can see that my
> patch had already been applied to Allen's source
> (CONFIG_TEGRA_KEYBOARD instead of CONFIG_TEGRA20_KEYBOARD precedes
> Allen's CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD in seaboard.h).
>
> I pulled TOT u-boot/master, and both commits seem to be just fine for
> seaboard.h. It builds fine, too.
>
> Can you be more explicit about the exact conflict, including which
> exact repos & branches you are merging when you see the conflict?

I can see the conflict if I checkout u-boot-arm/master and then merge
u-boot-tegra/next and u-boot/master.  If we pull the following commit
from u-boot/master into u-boot-tegra/next it helps:

5ddcc38 tegra: Enable USB keyboard

There's still a conflict between the LCD config file changes and the
USB keyboard config file changes, but it's pretty straightforward to
resolve.

-Allen
--
nvpublic