[U-Boot] i.mx53 NFC support

Mark Roy mroy at krausglobal.com
Thu Dec 20 18:57:29 CET 2012

Hello folks,

I have a custom i.mx53 board with NAND Flash connected using the i.mx53
NAND flash controller.    I have been trying to the flash working in
U-boot with no success.  I was looking at the driver mtd/nand/mxc_nand.c
which I thought would work, but it seems that it only supports the older
NFC versions found in the mx25, mx27, and mx35.

Is there a working driver available for the NFC in the mx5 processors?
If not, do you think it would be easier for me to try and patch the
mxc_nand driver to support the newer NFC or to try and port the imx_nand
driver from the Linux kernel?

Best regards,

Mark Roy