[U-Boot] no mtdparted from U-Boot> prompt

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Sat Dec 22 09:04:28 CET 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:00:46 -0800
John Stile <john at stilen.com> wrote:

> > If this is an exact copy, then please remove this '"'
> >

> It actually reads this:
> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_NAND 1
> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_CMDLINE 1
> #define CONFIG_CMD_JFFS2 1 // Required to include cmd_jffs2.c
> #define CONFIG_CMD_MTDPARTS 1 // Required for mtdparts command in uboot

Adding CONFIG_CMD_MTDPARTS won't work, this option is not available
in this very old U-Boot v1.3.4. CONFIG_JFFS2_CMDLINE should add
mtdparts command. Please double check where you add this option and
ensure that it is not added in some #ifdef ... #elif ... #endif
construct. Depending on the CFG_USE_* build options some options
in the config file may have no effect at all.

> But the command is not available on my system.
> Would it help to post my .h or maybe my build log?

It might help.

Thanks,
Anatolij