[U-Boot] mtd update

Sergey Lapin slapin at ossfans.org
Tue Dec 25 18:12:54 CET 2012

Hi, all!

As u-boot MTD layer is from kernel 2.6.30 (if I'm right),
it misses a lot of current large NAND chips support.

Is it possible to update it, or any plans to do so?

I don't want to provide hacks on top of it or workaround
it in drivers, as current Linux mtd supports these and
what is needed around them.

As I feel not capable to support such change (not enough
mtd knowledge and not enough time to fight bugs in
boards I don't have), I ask for help in this area.

So if anybody can do this update?

Or, if not, could you help me do this update,
or just remember what should be changed in mtd stuff for it
to work with u-boot?

This is needed to support AllWinner A1X's NAND controller,
intended for large MLC NAND chips, and large NAND chips
attached to it.

S.