[U-Boot] MPC8313 DDR2 configuration

Scott Larson slarson at a2etech.com
Tue Feb 7 17:52:10 CET 2012

Hi,

Looking for help on DDR2 configuration in u-boot.

I have the MPC8313ERDB from Freescale. It has 128Mbytes of DDR2 ram. The
existing 128MByte that uses only CS0.

I have a new board design to bring up.

The timing parameters are all ok but I need some guidance on changing the
settings to suit my memory configuration.

My board has 512Mbytes on CS0 and 512Mbytes on CS1.

Changes need to be made to files MPC8313ERDB.h and sdram.c

I have made all the row and column size and block address pin settings ok. I
have set DDR size to 512Mbytes (per Chip Select).

I need some guidance on the setting for CS1 bank of ram.

thanks

Scott