[U-Boot] SRIO patches

Liu Gang Gang.Liu at freescale.com
Mon Feb 20 12:34:23 CET 2012

Hi, Andy,
Sorry for the late reply because of my mail system's problem.

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 02:09 -0600, Andy Fleming wrote:
> 1) I'm not convinced we need a "MASTER" build target. Isn't it
> possible to just add support for serving as an SRIO master, and to
> enable support from the command line, or via environment variable?

In principle, it's feasible to add support of MASTER feature from the
command line or environment variable. But the feature of Boot from SRIO
is a new and special function currently. So I think it may be better
don't compile the dependent code when we don't need this feature.

> 2) There are a number of constants being defined that seem very much
> like system options (ie something that will vary with different
> chips):
>

> +#define SRIO_PORT_MAX_NUM	2	/* SRIO port max number */
> +#define SRIO_OB_WIN_NUM	9	/* SRIO outbound window number */
> +#define SRIO_IB_WIN_NUM	5	/* SRIO inbound window number */
> +#define SRIO_MSG_UNIT_NUM		2	/* SRIO message unit number */
>

> Maybe these should be config options?

Yes, I think your suggestion is better. I'll move these to
asm/fsl_srio.h file. Do you think this OK?

Best Regards,
Liu Gang