[U-Boot] 4k page ONFI NAND

Vipin Kumar vipin.kumar at st.com
Tue Jan 3 10:36:12 CET 2012

Hello,

We have a Micron 4K page sized ONFI NAND MT29F16G08
I am encountering frequent errors while reading the device. Although the
data area is protected for 8bit correction with BCH8 algorithm, the oob
area is unprotected and is susceptible to bit flips

These errors are very frequent and it results in jffs2 file system
mounting problems and other related issues

I also confirmed the problem through oobtest module.

Can you please suggest any solutions/workaround

Regards
Vipin