[U-Boot] Multi-os on OMAP4430 mp

Clemens Fischer clemens.fischer at h-da.de
Fri Jan 6 16:18:49 CET 2012

Hi,
I am currently examining the posibility of multiple operating systems on
embedded devices.
After some research I found out that amp is possible on a freescale
p2020 using u-boot.
There is a simple description in README.p2020rdb which includes the
u-boot commands fdt and cpu. I know that fdt is used to manipulate
device trees and cpu is used for cpu activate, deactivate and release of
the power mpc85xx and mpc86xx cpus. I had a look at
arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc85xx/mp.c and arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc85xx/fdt.c.

My question is:
Is there a similar implementation for the OMAP4430 mp cpus?

Is it generally possible to boot two independent operating systems on an
OMAP4430 platform using u-boot?

Thanks
Clemens