[U-Boot] Possible Denx m28evk ethernet problem + solution

Robert Deliën robert at delien.nl
Sun Jan 8 16:16:49 CET 2012

> Not really ... that's how it all works. When Stefano sends pull RQ, it'll go
> mainline.

Aha, so it's not mainline yet after all ;-) But I get it; It's available in Fabio's
repo and will be in Denx mainline soon.

> I see no problems with the board DRAM detection on our board, no. I tested this
> quite thoroughly.
>
> I don't see the registers differ either ... ever. I suspect your problem is with
> your DRAM configuration data -- if your DRAM chip is misconfigured, you'll get
> such memory problems.

It works beautifully; I have no reason to assume there's anything wrong with it.
When it detects 0 MiB SDRAM, it's been my own fault so far: Obscure reset
scenarios, incremental builds where a clean build was due, etc.

> RFC/patch is always welcome.

Great. I'll see what I can come up with.

> MX28EVK has no NAND if I understand it correctly.

It has one of these beautiful TSOP-48 footprint compatible ZIF sockets on board.
Standard it's empty, but with a Samsung K9G08UOM in it, it worked out-of-the-box
using your m28evk configuration.
However mx28evk NAND is mutually exclusive with the use of MMC1 socket
because of shared pins. So in my config, CMD_NAND is used to configure in
NAND and to configure out MMC1.

> Make a patch and submit to the mailing list, like everyone else does please.
> Don't try to reinvent wheel ... square one this time even.

It's hardly worth a patch; Perhaps Fabio already typed his own. But I'll submit
one tomorrow anyway.

Robert.