[U-Boot] u-boot-imx on Freescale MX28EVK

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:12:30 CET 2012

Hi Matthias,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Matthias Fuchs <matthias.fuchs at esd.eu> wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> can you confirm that the current u-boot-imx tree runs fine
> on the MX28EVK? I tried it but the debug console stays dead.

Yes, it works fine.

> This is what I did:
>
> 1) make mx28evk

I think you meant  "mx28evk_config"

> 2) make u-boot.sb
> 3) ./tools/mxsboot sd u-boot.sb u-boot-sd.sb
> 4) prepare an SD card as described in doc/README.m28 (only one partition
> of type 53)
> 5) dd u-boot-sd.sb to above partition
> 6) install SD and press power button

On my board I don't have to press the power button in order to get the
console output.

Please check your MX28EVK settings:

- Boot Mode Select: 1 0 0 1

- JTAG PSWITCH RESET: To the left (reset enabled)

- Battery Source: Down

- Wall 5V: Up

- VDD 5V: To the left (off)

- Hold Button: Down (off)

Also, I have only tested this on a MX28EVK rev.D board.

> BTW: Did you ever try Freescales sd_loader to download u-boot
> into RAM?
>
> FYI: There also seems to be a Linux version of the USB loader
> (http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/utils/imxtools/).

I haven't tried this yet.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam