[U-Boot] Help needed on Colibri T20 - Iris Board

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed Jan 11 22:38:34 CET 2012

Hi Stéphane,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Stéphane Carvalho
<carvalho.stephane at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are 2 engineering students from Fribourg, Switzerland working on a
> embedded systems project.
>
> The fact is that we're looking to setup U-Boot on a Colibri Iris Board using
> the Colibri T20 module with NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor.
>
> Since the Iris board is a relatively new board, it is difficult for us to
> find information about it.

Sorry I don't know anything about that particular board either.

> We managed to install a recent uboot on the board but it is not very
> efficient. The major problem is that we aren't able to run the saveenv
> command in order to save the environnement. Does anyone have any ideas about
> the problem? Or patches to recommend us?

Where is your environment supposed to be stored? If you are booting
from NAND or MMC then you could store it there. There are various
CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_... variables to define depending on where you want
the environment. The README file lists each of these and explains how
to use them. You also need to define CONFIG_CMD_SAVEENV or perhaps
better #include <config_default.h>.

> We don't have much experience in embedded systems so a little help from you
> would be much appreciated.

OK, please reply on this thread if you have further questions.

> Thank you in advance

Regards,
Simon