[U-Boot] Uboot for PowerPC MPC8313

Ankur Singh Ankur.Singh at lnties.com
Tue Jan 17 06:08:51 CET 2012

Hi,

We are developing application at PowerPC MPC8313E.

For testing of peripherals at power on of the device, we are using U-boot Version – 1.1.6).  This is an old project and we are only upgrading few of the functionalities.
The reason I have contacted you is, I’m trying to test UART3 (it’s a memory mapped IO, driven from a eLBC module via chip selection and all).

Somehow I’m not able to test from the u-boot how to test this memory mapped IO. I’m looking to transmit and receive few character to HyperTerminal and conclude whether its working or not?
My questions are
1.       Is it possible to test this UART (memory mapped IO) in such a manner?
2.       If yes, can u guide me how to test with some reference code or something?

We have been struck here for a week and tried everything but I think somewhere I’m lacking proper guidance (1st time I’m developing something on Linux and powerPC)

Thanks for any suggestion..

Regards,

Ankur Singh

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.