[U-Boot] About mtest on boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 23 15:45:39 CET 2012

Dear =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C9rico_Porto?=,

Please stop top posting / full quoting.

In message <CAG1KTJebU-QhhH2=iBFOjSJJvAynH4hRfuzoBnwZ20UZq-5JLw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Ok, this makes sense, but I think you mean:

No, I mean what I mean, not what you think I mean.

> memory start at 0x00000000
>
> mtest {
> start address: right after (malloc area+global data + stack)
> end address: relocaddr
> }
>
> memory end at 0x08000000

Wrong.

Assuming you have a simple configuration (no pRAM, no log buffer, no
video buffer etc.) then the memory map (as explained in the README,
btw) is like that:

top of RAM (in your case 0x08000000 - 1)
...	U-Boot code, data and bss
relocaddr
...	Malloc Arena
...	Board Info Data and permanent copy of global data
...	Stack (growing downward)

Depending on the size of your malloc arena you need to stay far enough
away from relocaddr;  try with 1 MB or more.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,  neat,
and wrong.                                           -- H. L. Mencken