[U-Boot] SPL Framework: Add support for U_BOOT_CMD

Christian Riesch christian.riesch at omicron.at
Wed Jan 25 11:27:53 CET 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Prabhakar Lad
<prabhakar.csengg at gmail.com> wrote:
> *I want to add a command using U_BOOT_CMD in uboot, where SPL_BUILD is
> enabled for example for da850evm in spl frame work how can i do that *

Why do you want to do that? A command in an SPL?

> *When I tried to that I get following error,
> "error: no memory region specified for loadable section* "
> *When i add printf statements and build I get errors for hawkboard_nand
> board puts works fine. Is printf being removed as of buffer overriding *issues
> or
> *is there a support yet* to be added for printf?

Could you please post an example of what you are trying to do?
Are you using Sughosh Ganu's Hawkboard SPL patches or not? Without
those patches hawkboard does not use the new SPL framework.

[U-Boot,1/2,V4] arm926: Flush the data cache before disabling it
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/136079/

[U-Boot,2/2,V4] Changes to move hawkboard to the new spl infrastructure
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/135433/

Regards, Christian