[U-Boot] [RFC Patch] e1000: Fix PCI memory addressing and fix for receive data polling

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Jan 26 16:52:33 CET 2012

On 26/01/2012 14:19, Ralf Rösch wrote:
> Sorry, you will find now my fixes in attachment
>
> Hi all,

Hi Ralf,

> I had some problem when using your e1000-code on a MIPS target.
> Attached you will find two fixes which I would like to propose for
> discussion.
>
> - Fix 1: this has the same reason as in commit
> f81ecb5d3300bf92d17302d3712f30585c182da9

Anyway, can you also describe *which* bug / behavior have you found ?

> - Fix 2: has to do with "C Language Operator Precedence".
> I would say the expression taken by the ! operator has precedence before
> the & operator.
> So any bit in rd->status other than E1000_RXD_STAT_DD stops correct
> detection of data reception.
> (What i do not know is, if it is possible that any other bit than
> E1000_RXD_STAT_DD can get active)

This seems to me a bug. However, you must send right patches for review
/ discussion. You find two issues, and you must send one patch for each
issue that will be fixed. Please have a look at:

	http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches

It describes how to submit patches in the right format.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de